Thursday, February 24, 2011

Developing Dialogue

My work is formulated through material, often in response to physical space and time. The work is grounded in the process of making and the experience of site specificity. My string installations are not only a response to architecture, but also to the strength and form of the materials used. To me string presents a visual delicacy, balanced by the ample physicality and scale of my work. References to energy, memory, mapping, movement, growth, and object-ness often emerge out of the physical. My pieces make known the space they occupy through intuitive inspiration.

I value growth inasmuch as my entire practice is an evolving process. What I discover in one work, materially, physically, or conceptually, can be the starting point for future works, and so on. Much of my practice is taking from my process and the dialogue that I have with my materials. I have a need to further broaden the context for this ongoing dialogue, so I decided to start a blog . . .




Detail from Atmosphere.

For more information about me and my work visit my website: Mindyhirt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment